Seeking Compensation For Harm From Surgical Errors
Patients often form bonds of trust with the doctors who are working hard to bring them relief from physical ailments through surgery, medication or therapy. When a physician makes a mistake, a patient’s first inclination may be not to want to sue the doctor.
However, when a medical error committed by a surgeon or any other health care provider results in serious harm, a victim may have little choice but to seek financial relief for those injuries by way of a malpractice claim or lawsuit. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or loss of life because of a surgical error, you may be eligible to seek compensation for past and future medical expenses, lost wages, disability, and pain and suffering. Contact the Law Offices of Gary Osborne & Associates to schedule a free consultation in our Toledo office or elsewhere. Our clients come from throughout the region, including from Sylvania and other communities.
We Hold Medical Professionals To High Standards
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you if you have been seriously injured or if a family member has died as a possible result of an operating room error such as the following.
- Surgical instruments were left behind in the patient’s body.
- A surgeon allowed a patient to have surgery when that patient had high-risk factors that should have precluded surgery as an option.
- The surgeon did not adequately explain the risks or engage in a discussion that would let the patient give truly informed consent.
- The wrong body part (such as the wrong leg, arm, breast, testicle or eye) was operated on.
- Adjacent organs such as bowels or the ureter were injured when a surgeon’s knife slipped.
- Perforation of bowels occurred during a colonoscopy, resulting in bowel breakdown and causing sepsis after leakage into the abdomen.
- Improper tying off of the ureter during a hysterectomy causing kidney problems.
- Complications occurred because of incorrect performance of weight control procedures like laparoscopic surgery, bariatric surgery or gastric bypass.
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy was botched, resulting in misshapen breasts and lingering pain.
At the Law Offices of Gary Osborne & Associates, our attorneys have been investigating and litigating surgical malpractice, medication error and birth injury cases in Ohio for more than 30 years. We seek out the best available experts from throughout the country to review potential claims to determine if our clients are eligible for compensation.