Understand Your Rights When Negligent Medical Care Brought On An Infection
When not properly treated, medical infections can kill. Oftentimes, it cannot be helped that our client was subjected to a serious infection such as pneumonia or a Staph infection. However, when factors of diagnosis and treatment demonstrate negligence by health care providers, it is time to investigate. Too many people suffer from serious health complications or even death resulting from untimely diagnosis or poor treatment of serious medical infections.
We Get Answers And Help Clients Pursue Compensation When Warranted
At the Law Offices of Gary Osborne & Associates, we help clients obtain answers and seek justice. We serve the Toledo area, other communities such as Sylvania and the entire region. Contact us to request a free consultation after an infection occurring during medical treatment resulted in serious consequences.
We recover compensation to alleviate the financial implications of a serious infection or death caused by improper medical treatment of an infection such as:
- Bedsores: Also known as decubitus ulcers, bedsores are frequently a problem for hospitalized and nursing home patients due to a combination of vulnerable skin tissue and extended time in a bed or wheelchair without being repositioned. Bedsores are nearly always a result of negligence. While bedsores caught early may be treatable, many nursing home residents pass away due to the progression of untreated or poorly monitored bedsores.
- Pneumonia: A variety of medical errors can lead to acceleration of serious infections such as pneumonia. When left untreated, the pneumonia can cause serious health complications, including death.
- Post-surgical infections: When surgical teams fail to take precautions before and during surgery, disastrous infections may occur. Accidental leaving of foreign objects in the body, failure to monitor wound dressings or failure to monitor the healing of surgical wounds may lead to serious infections.
- Hospital-borne infections: Dangerous bacterial infections common in hospitals include MRSA, Staph infections, IV infections, bladder infections caused by catheters and other medical infections.
- Failure to properly treat a bacterial infection: Medical personnel must watch out for risk factors of diabetics and patients with suppressed immune systems. These patients have a harder time battling infections than other people. In some cases, failure to culture the bacteria, identify the most-effective antibiotic or provide aggressive treatment with IV antibiotics may constitute medical negligence.
- Endocarditis: The failure to promptly diagnose and treat an infection of a heart valve can be fatal.
Our experienced attorneys handle all types of other medical infection cases. Our clients’ cases include undiagnosed sinus infections that lead to brain damage and wrong diagnoses involving bacterial meningitis.
We Fight For Justice When Infections Occur Through Medical Negligence
If you or a loved one has been affected by negligent diagnosis or treatment of a medical infection, discuss your case with a skilled medical malpractice lawyer. Contact our Toledo law firm for a free confidential consultation at 419-842-4062.